Sunday 15 December 2013

Academy 1/48 Mig-29A - Part 12

Back to part 11

Rise Up

Alrighty then.  Time to get this baby onto it legs.

The landing gear and the inside of the gear doors were all given a coat of Tamiya XF-66.  Details on the legs were picked out with citadel boltgun.  The wheels themselves are Gunze H77 and Tamiya X-05 Green.  The red mark on the tyre and rim is the tyre slip indicator.




At last I can get the gear in into the aircraft.  They're only a push fit at the moment but it's really starting to look the part.

Finally the gear was cemented into the wheel bays.  However I do have a confession to make.  The strut in front of the nose gear is pinched from the Eduard Mig-29UB because I wrecked the one that came with this kit.  I used is as a mask for the front wheel well and to make it fit it required...well...surgery.  I'll have to get a replacement made as the part in the photo below is only there to make sure the nose gear is placed correctly.

Once the gear was fit I attached the gear doors.  These were very fiddly and some of the small resin parts broke requiring me to fix them as I worked.

Time in the Office

I also worked on the ejection seat and finally got it glued into the cockpit.  The Aires photoetched harness was tricky to work with but they came out alright in the end.

The office now looks busy - like the real thing.


I used some white Vallejo pigment inside the engines to replicate the white dusty soot often seen inside the business end of fighter jet engines.
Next time I'll finish the weapons and assemble the airbrakes.  Then there's just final detailing and we're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment